Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It Was First My Mother - by Greg Presley

IT WAS FIRST MY MOTHER

It was my mother who told me about Jesus,
But it was Jesus who spoke to my heart
It was my mother who told me that God loved me,
But it was Jesus who proved God’s love to me

It was my mother who taught me to sing about Jesus,
But it was Jesus who put a song in my heart.
It was my mother who taught me to sing of things above,
But it was Jesus who taught me to sing songs of love.

It was my mother who prayed for me,
That I would give my to Jesus my everything,
But it was Jesus who accepted me,
And gave me songs of praise to sing.

It was Jesus who filled my life with joy,
It was Jesus who told me who I am.
It was Jesus who blessed me with a message,
And it was Jesus who gave me this song:

Why should I sing of lesser things, and things that pass away,
When I’ve a friend like Jesus to sing about each day--
I have no song to sing, but that of Christ my King,
To Him true praise I bring, I’ll sing it o’er
I have no more delight, in other songs
My melody of love, to him belongs
I have to sing, but that of Christ my King
To Him My praise I’ll bring, forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment