Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear President Obama

This is my paraphrase of the “Open letter to Obama” from Lou Pritchett, former CEO of Proctor and Gamble posted at http://www.afa.net/youscareme.asp I believe it represents a large portion of American People who voted for change in the November election. It is about time the "fat Cats" in Corporate Culture who put is in this mess were a little apprehensive.

Dear President Obama:

You are the twelfth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, I trust you.

I trust you because after months of exposure, I know everything about you.

I trust you because your family made the sacrifice to pay for your expensive Ivy League education because they recognized and believed in your intellectual and spiritual gifts and led you to dedicate your life to Public Service.

I trust you because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you represent the diversity of culture that makes up America.

I trust you because you have never run a company or met a payroll and therefore are able to think outside the corporate culture.

I trust you because you have never had military experience, thus don't let its goals influence your policy decisions.

I trust you because of you humility and 'class', taking blame for your own mistakes and responsibility for the mistakes of others under your command.

I trust you because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with those of my generation that have advocated radical change and you refuse to publicly denounce those "radicals" who see America has degenerated and is failing.

I trust you because you are a cheerleader for America and deliver this message abroad while admitting our imperfections.

I trust you because you want to change America to a country where the government sector protects the people instead of the private sector.

I trust you because you want to provide health care to the 44 million Americans disenfranchised by the current system.

I trust you because you prefer 'wind mills' and other green technology while recognizing our responsibility to capitalize on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

I trust you because you want to kill the American corporate culture which steals the highest standard of living in the world from the majority of the American People.

I trust you because you have the courage to use the power of your office against certain banks and corporations.

I trust you because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your much needed and overdue spending proposals after a vote from the people of America that mandates it.

I trust you because you surround yourself with people you can listen to and you consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

I trust you because you are compassionate and believe God is both omnipotent and omniscient.

I trust you because you handle the media with preparation and candor rather than hiding everything you do.

I trust you because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Reillys and Becks who offer inflammatory and distorted conservative points of view based on ignorance and disinformation.

I trust you because you prefer controlling our vices as well as our government.

Finally, I trust you because if you serve a second term I will probably feel safer in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Rev. Earl Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment